Four New Online Workforce Development Resources Now Available
– Thanks to funding from the California State Library, the Paso Robles City Library now has several new tools from some of the best online learning companies to help library users learn, develop skills, prepare to tests and to improve.
- Coursera partners with over 200 leading universities and companies to deliver flexible, affordable and job-relevant online learning opportunities, from hands-on projects and courses to ready-to-use certificates and study programs. .
- GetSetUp offers a catalog of over 500 courses exclusively for seniors who are just learning tech. During the week, it offers more than 40 live lessons every day as well as 25 at weekends.
- LearningExpress offers interactive tutorials, practice tests, eBooks, flashcards, and articles for academic skill building, standardized test preparation, career development, and more.
- Skillshare offers thousands of courses for the creative and curious, on topics such as illustration, design, photography, video, freelance work, and more, where members come together to find inspiration and cross a new stage in their creative journey.
Two additional resources will be added soon: LinkedIn Learning and Northstar Digital Literacy. Visit prcity.com/library for information and links to these valuable eLibrary resources.
The library is open Monday through Friday 9-7 and Saturday 9-4. A collection service is available during opening hours. Masks are mandatory for entry. Call the library at (805) 237-3870 or visit prcity.com/library and the library’s Facebook and Instagram sites for more information.